Traditionally, when we hear that we should support the arts, we think about donating money to local and regional art organizations. However, there are many other ways in which we can support the arts.
According to retailers, we have entered the holiday season. I would like to suggest how we might support artists during this time. These ideas can also be used to support local artists all year long.
- Buy Art from Local Living Artists.
- Provide Artists with Good Reviews and Share Them on Social Media.
- Buy Art Books from Living Artists.
- Commission Art from Local Artists.
- Buy Clothes & Accessories from Local Artisans.
- Volunteer Time to Organizations that Support the Arts.
- Buy Gifts from Local Artists.
- Attend an Art Event, Gallery or Museum. (Take Your Friends!)
- Buy Tickets for Local Live Performances.
- Buy the Performers’ CD’s & Collateral Materials.
There are many more ways in which we can support artists and we would like to hear our readers’ ideas on how this can be accomplished.
Remember, local artists have bills and expenses like all of us. If we truly love the arts, we will tailor what we do to support local artists. Following our suggestions will have an immediate impact on the artists and on the local economy.